Hazardous substances in plastics: – ways to increase recycling
Nordic Council of Ministers, Nordic Council of Ministers Secretariat, Nordisk Affaldsgruppe (NAG)2017 (English)Book (Other academic)
The aim of the project is to create knowledge on how plastics recycling can increase without increasing the risk of emitting hazardous substances to the environment.The first general conclusion is that to be able to increase recycling there are measures needed at different levels. The following areas are of interest:
• Legislation: new legislation is not necessary, but harmonisation and clear guidance to the existing one is.
• Market: to create a market safety on content is needed.
• If substances added are less hazardous the recycled raw material would be “more safe” to use.
• There should be higher attention put on the knowledge of the recyclers.
• Traceability and content: Further work on labelling reaching the recycle part of the value chain needs to be developed. It is also needed to develop a systematic approach towards risk assessments linked to recycling.
Place, publisher, year, edition, pages
Copenhagen: Nordisk Ministerråd, 2017. , 119 p.
TemaNord, ISSN 0908-6692 ; 2017:505
Research subject Environment; Chemicals; Green growth
IdentifiersURN: urn:nbn:se:norden:org:diva-4730DOI: 10.6027/TN2017-505ISBN: 978-92-893-4848-5 (print)ISBN: 978-92-893-4849-2 (print)ISBN: 978-92-893-4850-8 (electronic)OAI: oai:DiVA.org:norden-4730DiVA: diva2:1070548